PLEASE LINK FOR APPLICATION BELOW! PLEASE DOWLOAD AND EMAIL APPLICATION TO [email protected] Thank You
Hello & Thank you for your interest! Please keep in mind that all of our members are volunteers and that the adoption process may take several weeks to complete. We are committed to matching all of our dogs with the perfect loving forever homes. Our adoption process follows the steps below.
You will need to fill out an adoption application.Click here to download the adoption application. Please fill out the entire application & return it to [email protected] Please be sure to answer all questions fully & truthfully. Please make sure to complete the full written application. An incomplete application will not be processed or considered. Please do not contact without completing the application.
Adoption Policies / Adoption Process
- Complete our application with the name of the dog you are applying for.
- We will review all applications for each dog in order to make a decision about which home best suits the dog’s needs. Applications are not considered in the order they are received; all applications will be considered in determining the best situation for each dog. Completing an adoption application is not a guarantee that you will receive the dog you are applying for, and CHBR reserves the right to reject any application as we see fit.
- We will call the personal and veterinary references you listed on the application then contact you to schedule a home visit. These checks are performed to ensure that you will be a responsible pet parent and that you will provide routine veterinary care for the dog as needed.
- After successful completion of the home visit, you will schedule a
time with the dog’s foster family to come meet the foster dog. Applicants are expected to travel to the foster family’s home to meet the foster dog. Please note this is an initial meeting to help determine if your family and the dog are a good match. Neither party is obligated to continue with the adoption, and you are not required to adopt the dog on the meeting. Either you or the foster family can call off the adoption for any reason. We hope, however, that it will be a good match and that day you’ll be able to go home with your new pet.
- The adoption will be finalized with you signing the adoption contract and providing the adoption donation. Our standard adoption donation is $450.00 If a dog has a different donation amount expected, it will be noted on their bio page. You will be provided all the medical records for the dog and mailed a copy of the complete adoption contract.Purebred Puppies under 6 months old are 650.00 fully vetted and Micro Chipped.
The dog will be fully vetted. This means all vaccinations, including rabies , spayed/ neutered, HW tested, tested for Tick Born Illness , dose of Front Line and dose of Heart Guard and Micro chipped, wormed for parasites if needed.
Please remember that we do not have a facility or kennel where you can visit or meet our Boxers. All of our dogs are in the care of their loving foster homes in NY, NJ, PA, CT
Dogs can only be viewed by appointment after the Application and interview are completed.